Sept 16th, 2021 – Zoom
31 Participants in attendance.
Organizational Updates – Stephanie Walsh
- A warm thank you to Rob Collins at the Bryant Street Market for generously paying for the Bryant Street Parklet lease.
- Two upcoming Parklet activities:
- Second Annual clean up on Saturday, October 16.
- Second Annual Pumpkin Patch Event on Sunday, October 17.
- Make sure to mark your calendars!
New Newsletter Format:
- Monica Watt, the former editor, has stepped down after many years of outstanding work. Thank you, Monica!
- Our new editor, Nancy Gohring, will launch an exciting new format that includes:
- HPCC blog that people can subscribe to for real-time announcements and updates.
- Each monthly, blog posts and additional content will be assembled into a single electronic newsletter that will be sent to subscribers and the listserv.
- A printed copy of the newsletter will continue to be sent out to community members once a year.
- Stay tuned!
Arts in the Park:
- Nicole Czapinski – Arts in the Parks Project Coordinator
- Alyssa Valazquez – Storyteller
- Marlana Adele Vassar – Artist
- The Urban Conga – Ryan Swanson and Maeghann
- Slide show:
- The Urban Conga will also be hosting a participatory workshop on-site to the left of the Highland Park Entry Garden Saturday, Sept 18th from 11 am-4 pm. This will be an opportunity for people to stop in and share with us their thoughts about the past, present, and future of the park and community.
- The City is also in the process of creating a Facebook event page that they will be sharing out with residents.