Join us for the September HPCC meeting this Thursday at 7:00 p.m. at St. Andrew’s Church on Hampton Street. The monthly meetings are open to all Highland Park residents!
We have a great line up of speakers:
- Zone 5 Police will give an update on what’s happening in the neighborhood
- Preservation Pittsburgh will present their parks Initiative – getting Frick Park, Highland Park and Riverview Park added to the National Register of Historic Places
- Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy will discuss the Negley Run Watershed Project
We hope to see you there!
Please Join us for the August Community Meeting of the Highland Park Community Council, which will be held at 7pm on Thursday, August 16th at St. Andrews.
We’ll hear a presentation from the City Forester and a representative of the City’s Shade Tree Commission on the condition of our neighborhood trees. Danielle Crumrine, Executive Director of Tree Pittsburgh, will be on hand to share the details of their Allegheny River front development and upcoming events that will benefit the Highland Park community. And we’ll also receive an update on public safety from Zone 5 police.
Hope to see you there!
The Highland Park Porch Crawl map is live!
Enjoy a summer evening outdoors while meeting your neighbors and making new friends!
Saturday August 11th, 2018 from 6 pm to 10 pm
For more information visit highlandparkporchcrawl.com.
Attention dog owners – from August 3rd to August 17th, the Allegheny County Health Department and US Department of Agriculture will be distributing bait packets containing rabies vaccine in parks across Allegheny County. This annual program has dramatically reduced rabies incidents over the past 17 years. To ensure the maximum effectiveness of the vaccination program, dog owners are asked to keep their dogs on a leash or on their property during the baiting period to prevent them from consuming the bait. Also, f you encounter a bait packet and absolutely must move it, use heavy latex gloves. more information is available on the Health Department website.
The HPCC July 2018 newsletter is now available!
IN THIS ISSUE:
- A Letter from the President
- June Meeting Minutes
- Reservoir of Jazz Line-up
- Destination Highland Park: Teppanyaki Kyoto
- Highland Park Nature Watch
- New Online Search Tools Available for Pittsburgh Residents
- Around St. Andrew’s