In conjunction with the City’s “Cinema in the Park” program, the HPCC is hosting Movie Night parties. Come enjoy free popcorn, themed party favors, trivia, and hanging under the stars with your friends and neighbors! Movies begin at sunset; the parties an hour before. The location is Mount Bigelow – the highest point in the park! – on Reservoir Drive, on the back side of the reservoir, off the parking loop.
Monday, June 24: Popcorn & Provocateurs
- Come incognito or as you are – – We’ll provide the spy gear, plus free popcorn and movie trivia – Trivia winner will receive a pair of movie passes to the Waterworks Cinema!
- Movie: “Johnny English Strikes Again” (2018, PG)
- RSVP Here
Monday, July 29: Popcorn & Puppies
- Be prepared for a wild night in the jungle! You bring your four-legged friends, we’ll provide the safari gear, popcorn, and animal trivia – Trivia winner will receive a pair of movie passes to the Waterworks Cinema!
- Movie: “Jumanji” (1995, PG)
- RSVP Here
Monday August 26: Popcorn & PJs
- Snuggle up – it’s a pajama party! Come in your PJs and bring your pillows. We’ll settle you in with goodies, popcorn, and Disney trivia – Trivia winner will receive a pair of movie passes to the Waterworks Cinema!
- Movie: “Dumbo” (2019, PG)
- RSVP Here
All events are free, but please RSVP so we can plan accordingly.
For more information on Cinema in the Park, please visit:
The Highland Park Yard Sale is about to start!
Check out the online map of sellers: bit.ly/hpyardsale
Hard copy listings are available at:
- The corner of Negley and Bryant
- The corner of Highland and Bryant
- The corner of Stanton and Negley
- The corner of Stanton and Highland
Happy Bargain Hunting!
Check out the Highland Park Yard Sale Sneak Peek Listing of all the cool loot that will be on sale this Sunday (6/2) in Highland Park! Come find some incredible vintage and collectible items!
On Sunday morning, the full listing with addresses will be available on the mobile site, and volunteers will be handing out hard-copy lists with addresses and a map throughout the neighborhood.
Happy bargain hunting!
Thanks to everyone who came out for the HPCC’s inaugural Spring Fling! it was a great night to meet neighbors, enjoy the spring weather, and celebrate our community.
Special thanks to planning committee members Stephanie and Randy Walsh, Janine Jelks Seale, Judy Beck, and Leah Bhagat-Young, all who volunteered to make the event a success, and our sponsors and performers:
Bryant Street Market
Food Glorious Food
LaScola’s Italian Ice & Custard
Obama Academy Steel Drum Band
Applewood Smoke Burger Company
Flatboat Fair Traders
Jeffrey Smith Salon
Jewelry by Leah Kathryn
Joseph Tambellini Restaurant
Lou Iezzi & Sons Auto
Music for MS
Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium
The deadline to complete the HPCC Community Priority Survey is May 18th – share with us your thoughts on how the HPCC should invest its time, energy, and resources by completing the survey now!