The Highland Park Community Development Corporation (HPCDC) would like to update the neighborhood regarding the ongoing transformation of Bryant Street’s Commercial District. Longtime residents will appreciate the tremendous distance the street has come, but we all recognize that there is more work needed to complete the story. The Highland Park Community Council is hosting this meeting together with the HPCDC. We look forward to the updates and welcome everyone’s feedback to help make the street even stronger.
What: Joint HPCC and HPCDC Bryant St. Meeting
When: July 16, 2020 7:00 PM Eastern Time
You MUST register in advance for the meeting by clicking this link. A telephone dial-in option will be available.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.Agenda:
1. History of the Business District. The HPCDC will provide a brief history of the business district, the grounding of the Bryant Street Vision in the 2004 Community Plan, and an overview of its work there. Specific projects include:
- Available retail/food/office space in the newly restored 2-story building at 5802 Bryant St.;
- Marketing efforts underway for our two vacant parcels at 5804 and 5902 Bryant St.; and
- Possible relocation of the 31st District Magistrate’s Court, now located in Morningside, to Bryant St. The Magistrate’s Court provides a range of important services to the residents of Highland Park, as well as to those in our surrounding neighborhoods.
2. Question and Answers. Please post questions using the Chat Function so the moderator can keep the meeting running smoothly.