The Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy has published the tips and guidelines listed below for using our parks safely while social distancing. Also see the attached flyer and/or visit the PPC Covid Info Site. Please be sure to maintain 6′ of distance between yourself and others and remember that playgrounds, pavilions, tennis courts, and other similar facilities are all closed.
Here are the main points around being safe in parks during COVID:
- wash your hands before and after a park visit
- maintain physical distance (at least 6 ft. apart)
- avoid surfaces (benches, handrails, pavilions, picnic tables)
- playgrounds are closed.
- sports fields are closed. no contact sports are allowed. (basketball hoops have been removed. tennis/pickleball courts are closed).
- masks recommended
- if you have any symptoms – please stay home!