Is there any better way to wrap up a summer weekend than with free jazz and a picnic in the park? No! Reservoir of Jazz returns to the Highland Park entry garden on Aug 6th and is sponsored by the HPCC, RAD, and WZUM Jazz Pittsburgh. Concerts last from 5 – 7 pm.
Be sure to stop by the HPCC table for your membership sticker – or to join! – and to buy 50/50 raffle tickets (winners are drawn at the end of the show). The HPCC Children’s Committee will have its own tent with activities each week.
August 6: Roger Humphries & the R.H. Factor Band
August 13: Deanna Witkowski Trio
August 20: Aurora
August 27: Reggie Watkins Quartet
The 2nd Annual Highland Park Hullabaloo is coming up soon: Thursday, June 22nd from 4 – 8 pm, at the Rhododendron Shelter on Stanton Ave. This neighborhood block party includes free food, live music, and lots of fun!
Please consider volunteering for an hour or two – – many of our board members will be out of town so we are currently short handed. It takes a village – or in this case, a neighborhood! Sign-up to volunteer at: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040F4DA5A72BA4F85-hullabaloo
The June Meeting of the HPCC will be held via Zoom. This is our Annual Business Meeting.
- Update from Zone 5
- HPCC Annual Report to Community
- Update from HPCC Finance Committee
- Update from HPCC Membership Committee
- Election of Board Members:
- Candidates for Officers: Stephanie Walsh (President), Sabrina Culyba (Vice President), Howard Degenholtz (Treasurer), Judy Beck (Secretary)
- Candidates for Board Seats: Beth Hutton, Laura Myers, Elisa Lucke Jones
- Sitting board members not up for election (for informational purposes only): Justin Bhagat, Jason Griess, Rebecca Maclean, Becky Marinov, Kathleen Paola, and Marybeth Van Fleet
- Special thanks to outgoing board members: Bob Staresinic, Jim Blakley, and Bill Reier
What: June HPCC Community Meeting
When: June 15, 2023 7:00 PM Eastern Time
You MUST register in advance for this meeting by clicking this link.
Note: You may also receive an invitation from our membership system. Please register only once.
Good news, Highland Park!
Our Senior Online Services (SOS) Program is up and running. Here’s what some of our participants have to say about their experience with us:
- ” My SOS Tech came to my apartment today to help with my printer problem. I am happy to report that he solved the problem! In addition to his intelligence, I found him to be friendly, kind, and so very personable.I was completely comfortable having him in my home.Thank you for providing this service. I truly appreciate it.”
- ” My Tech was awesome. He did a fabulous job.Walked me through how to use streaming once installed. I will highly recommend this valuable service to others.”
- ” My Tech was “lovely” My Calendar is up and running and I now know how to use it. “
- ” Everything went well with my Tech’s visit when he came over to meet me on Monday. So thank you very much. I have all my computer questions answered.”
- “Thank you for following up.Yes, my Tech’s insight into my question was very helpful'”
- “Excellent service. Excellent experience overall; Phone and Rocku up and running like new! My Tech was wonderful!”
That’s but a few. So, why wait? Give us a phone call at 412 368 -6475 or email us at email@example.com.We are here to help all Highland Park residents 55+ with their technology issues/needs!
The SOS Team