A special thank you to all of the volunteers who showed up on Saturday, May 22 to help beautify the neighborhood parklet! We were busy – –
- The clay left by the gas company was broken up and the area (and a few other large bare spots) were covered with topsoil and seeded.
- The corner garden was planted.
- The front half of the wall by Casa Brasil was planted with sunflowers, tiger lilies, and other flowers.
- The fence line hedge was reigned in and the large shrubs by the wall cleaned.
- The picnic tables were washed.
- And many old tree stumps were pulled.
Special thanks to Grounded for providing a whole trailer full of tools – and a fabulous volunteer! – and to Casa Brasil for allowing us to use their power and water!